Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You wonderful people...

We have had so many offers from family and friends to come visit us while we are on bed rest. I say "we" because my fantastic (and quite handsome) husband is taking the time off with me. He's great about doing the cooking (and he's a great cook by the way) and keeping up with the house cleaning while I'm resting on the couch.


I wanted to say thank you to the people who have offered meals, their company and support. We couldn't ask for better people in our lives! I also wanted to explain why I've declined most of these sweet offers.


Our first procedure makes small incisions in order to extract the eggs. Last time I had this procedure, my body didn't react very well. I was super swollen, which led to some extremely uncomfortable symptoms for a few days. I would hate to expose my wonderful friends to my cranky, bloated, grimy self. I'd like to keep these friendships and not scare them off by my whininess! :)


The second procedure is much less intense, but is the one where I'm required to stay in bed (or on my comfy couch) for five days. I'm not supposed to stand up for more than three minutes at a time, which unfortunately means few showers. :/ As I said before, I don't want to scare my friends off, I love them dearly!


You are all so wonderful to offer your time and cooking skills! We love you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment