Sunday, July 13, 2014

Eggs

Yesterday was our egg retrieval and I was nervous about it. The last time I had this surgery, I was in a lot of pain for several days. In comparison, this time was a breeze! Yesterday I was sore and tired, but I didn't loose my lunch on the kitchen floor (reminisce of last years ordeal), or have breathing issues. Today has been even better. Still sore, but feeling quite good considering. I'd give credit to myself for being extra prepared this time, except I know that God was the real reason.


We had only six eggs this time around (last year was fourteen), but we are hopeful that they will all be quality eggs. I should be receiving a phone call from the clinic later today updating us on the progress. We know that having so few eggs can mean there are more fertility issues between Dave and I than originally expected, but that it's ultimately up to God. I've prayed a lot these last few weeks not for a perfect child, but rather understanding for Gods plan. We obviously want to start a family, but I'd rather ask for strength to get us through whatever the outcome is.


Thank you for all of your prayers and even a few people fasting for us. We know that they have helped us throughout the process and we are so grateful! Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment