Friday, April 5, 2013

Bump in the road...

We’ve come across a bump in the road. It’s one I half expected but none the less frustrating! This silly little polyp is proving to being one of my worst enemies in the fight against infertility. We’ve found out that the polyp has been acting as a IUD (a 5 year form of birth control) and that it’s most likely been there for a couple years. This explains a few symptoms (I won’t go into detail) that started a couple years ago. Between Dave’s issues and my own, we have a zero percent chance of getting pregnant on our own. I’m not so upset about the polyp itself, but the wrench it’s putting in our schedule for in vitro. I go in today for a quick procedure to get a closer look at this thing and then we will schedule the surgery to remove the polyp. They have to remove it at a specific type, so that means waiting another month for the surgery. Then they allow three to four weeks of healing time before they will do in vitro. This moves our schedule to June, or July. Removing this polyp is a necessary process, and I fully understand why we have to remove it, but despite the logic behind it, I am still frustrated. I’m hoping my training in Florida mid-April will help keep my mind off things!


On a side note, I am so grateful to my boss. She has been so understood with our crazy schedule these past few weeks. It seems everything is last minute throughout this process, most of which is not in anyone’s control. Some things just have to be done on certain days and I truly believe if I were working anywhere else, it would be an issue. I’m also so grateful to all the support we’ve had! It truly has been tremendous from all of our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment