Sunday, September 16, 2012

Races

I'm extremely behind on the things I've wanted to blog about this summer! Oops!
 
A few months ago, Dave and I signed up for back to back weekend races. The first was a 5k mud run that a few of my co-workers completed with Dave and I. We didn't keep track of our time and just had fun! We were 100% covered in mud by the end, but this is the one picture I have of J'Mae, myself and Dave after one of the first obstacles. The paint on our faces made for some really funny sunburns later on, but I'd say it was worth it! We will be signing up for at least one of these next year!
 
 This was Dave after he had been sprayed off! lol
 
We also did a Color Run. Those of you who have never heard of these, you must try it before you knock it! Basically, it's a 5k race where you must wear a white shirt, and there a 4 or 5 "color stations" where they throw colored chalk at you. It sounds a bit cheesy but these are extremely popular all over the country and being the first year they had one in Colorado Springs, there were at last a thousand racers that day.
 
I was extremely proud of myself, completing the race in just under 36 minutes. Now, this isn't truly that great of a pace (just under a 12 min mile) but this was the first race I  had ever truly competed in and timed myself. We will be doing this one again next year!
 
Dave is an ultra-marathoner, and a measly 5k isn't a challenge but he stood (ran) by my side the whole time, cheering me on and I'm grateful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment