Sunday, September 16, 2012

four years isn't the long...

Four years truly isn't that long when you look at the big picture but in those four years, a lot has happened. We've bought our first home, bought and paid off our first car (and purchased a second), grown from hammy-down couches and tv's to new modern coziness and electronics. We've formed a budget we can handle, changed careers and the goals within them, and decided that it's ok if we don't have kids and it's ok if we do. The day will come when we feel swayed one way or the other and until then, the pressure doesn't have to be there.

September 13th was our four year anniversary and I'll admit, this isn't exactly where I thought I would be today. Speaking from a 17 year old, senior in high school's mind set, I would have thought that I would be just getting engaged, and not sure where I want to be in a career since I preferred to be a stay at home mom. As for today, I'm grateful that I've had David by my side through these last few years. We've done some major learning and growing together and I'm so glad things didn't turn out the way I had planned while in high school. Instead, I've married my best friend, who laughs and loves with me. He works hard for our family and has a passion for so many things. He doesn't mind watching my Hallmark movies with me and doesn't make fun of me when I cry during them. :)  I've been lucky to find him and for him to choose me to spend his life with. I am truly blessed!

We weren't exactly sure what was wanted to do to celebrate but we had a few extra dollars to spend this year so we decided to get a nice hotel in Denver and enjoy a day at Waterworld. This was a couple weekends before our actual anniversary but it was so worth it! We went to Waterworld on the last weekend it was opened, hoping to not have too many lines. I think we lucked out though because first I found half priced tickets on Craigslist. Then when we got there, the parking lot wasn't half full. We road about every ride before lunch and even left early due to some rain. When we got to the hotel, we found this awesome little suite with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom waiting for us. We really lucked out and got a great deal. Dinner that night and some relaxing together completed our weekend.

Our actual anniversary day was still fun in itself. I worked that morning, and got off early to have a date night with Dave. He planned a dinner out and glowgolf at the mall. We were like little kids at golf since there was no one else there, and we had so much fun.

All in all, this was a great anniversary and I think we are going to plan something big for number five!



No comments:

Post a Comment