Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spilling My Guts

Seven weeks ago I was blessed with the opportunity to have Lasik surgery and I no longer need glasses. I will need them after age 45 or so, for reading but until then, I'm 20/20! YAY! lol Most surgeries have post op appointments and I've tried hard to make sure I'm at every one. This past Tuesday I had my six week post op appointment. I was hanging out in their awesome waiting room (it's a huge room with cozy couches), when all of a sudden I started to feel nauseous. I panicked and frantically looked around for a bathroom or trash. There were none to be found! The next thing I know, I was leaning over a 5 foot fake plant/bush thing spilling my guts out. There were at least five people in the waiting room who I know had to have seen/heard me gagging and throwing up. Then I had to take the walk of shame up to the counter to tell a nurse that I had just puked in their plant. She repeatedly asked me what I was talking about. Again I told her that I had just puked in her fake plant "over there" (point my puke covered blazer in that direction). Then I proceeded to ask if I could reschedule my appointment. There was nothing open for almost a month so I had to endure the appointment, knowing that the nurse was spreading the word that this crazy lady had just puked in a fake plant. When the appointment was FINALLY over, I booked it out of there as fast as I could. I didn't even look to see what they had done with the plant! I was mortified! I've decided that I will skip my three month appointment, seeing as that is only five weeks away and just go to my six month appointment instead! lol My eyes are doing great so I think I can survive. I bit too embarrassed to go back in five weeks though. Someone might remember! lol Anyway, Tuesday turned into a awful night of sickness and I was finally feeling good enough to go to work on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment