Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Running Around...

This summer has been a crazy one. We have had lots of things to do, seeing as my husband no longer has his crazy job where he worked every stinking hour I was off. We now have the same 8 to 5, Monday thru Friday schedule that allows us to do so many fun things. We went to Moab (which I previously blogged about), we went to Pagosa Springs with his brother Dewey and wife Christine to run Dave's first marathon. For those of you who don't know, that is 26 miles of pure adrenaline (and exhaustion) running. Crazy if you ask me but amazing all the same! We also went to Bear Creek, which is a 2 hour drive northwest of Colorado Springs. We were there for something called the tough mudder. It was a 10 mile race with 24 obstacles which include A LOT of mud! lol Dave did that with our gym and I watched with great enjoyment that I was not the one in the race. He came home with several nasty scrapes and bruises! My friend Jordan wants to do the one that is in Arizona in January and I am thinking about it. If it were for the money to get out there and pay for the race, Dave and I would jump on the opportunity, but I don't know that we can justify paying for two plane tickets for the race. I guess we will see what happens. We also managed a short trip to Canon City to do some white water rafting on REAL RAPIDS (thats for you Jordan). We were on class 5, 4 and 3 rapids and it was truly an amazing experience! We talked about if quite a while after! All in all this summer has been amazing but we are ready for some downtime at home. In a month we are headed to Maine to visit Dave's grandparents and I am so excited seeing as I've never been to that part of the country. Until then, though, we are going to stay close to home and get some of those summer projects done!

1 comment:

  1. Hey maybe we can help you guys with your tickets out here! Or you could just visit anyway, and we don't have to do TM! :)
    AND, when you go to Maine get me a shot glass for my collection! And of course lots of pics, actually just put me in your suitcase and I will come with you! :)

    ReplyDelete