Wednesday, August 31, 2011

FHE is no longer on Mondays






Growing up, FHE (Family Home Evening) was always on Monday nights. This usually included a small lesson, some snacking (of course) and a family activity. Maybe bowling (which Becky used to hate) or watching a movie together. As we got older, FHE became scarce and we soon were too busy for it. Everyone grew up and moved away from home and started their own families. When Josh graduated from UNC, and I lived a mile away (now I live a whole 2 miles away lol), we decided to start hanging out on Tuesday nights. This night worked mostly because Josh didn't work or have class (I later found out he did this on purpose so that we could hang out, what an awesome bro I have) and my husband, Dave, volunteered at the fire department. Tuesdays soon became a night to look forward too. This formed our FHE night. We lack in a lesson but food (popcorn) and fun are always included! :) Mom soon decided that she was going to take advantage of the night too. Becky got involved some too, when she was still living in Colorado. We are going on 4 years now and I look forward to Tuesday nights. It's just a known fact that Tuesdays are off limits to my friends. Even coworkers know that I always do something with my family on Tuesday nights. I've including some pictures of a particularly fun (and goofy) Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment