Monday, September 8, 2014

Categories

Coming to terms with our infertility hasn't been easy especially the first time we went through IVF. Somehow this time around we were so much more prepared, and in turn, it hasn't been nearly as hard. I'm not sure how but I haven't cried (excluding the day we got the news) or had moments of overwhelming sadness for our circumstances. I haven't had those moments that surprise you with the reality of the situation. We have been blessed with understanding and acceptance this time around.

I hate categorizing but we all fall into them. There are Mothers, Fathers, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. I've slowly started to categorize ourselves in the "childless" category. There are perks to this. We can have nice things that won't be broken, take a last minute get  away without the worry of a babysitter (well, we still have fur babies), get ready to leave the house in a timely manner, watch a Bronco game in full without interruptions, and enjoy crumb-free cars. I'm not saying that I wouldn't give those things up for a child, or that my parent friends can't have these things, but I'm finding perks in our new category of life.  Life's a little simpler when it's just the two of us and I'm finding joy in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment