Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Results

I promised everyone that I would update the blog with the results, so here you go.

 

The results were negative. On Monday morning, Mother Nature showed its ugly face. In a small way, it was a blessing because I was able to be upset in the privacy of our home, and not at work. I tried to keep everyone’s text, calls, and emails at bay until I received confirmation today, although I slipped to a few people at work. I’ll admit, I’m struggling being positive about the whole thing. In many ways, this feels like a miscarriage to me. It’s hard to put into words, but emotionally and spiritually, I feel drained, devastated, hurt, heartbroken, disappointed, etc. When we started this process, I didn’t just picture the pregnancy; I saw long nights at home getting to know our little one, family pictures, playing, crawling, getting into messes, crying, diapers, those little fingers and toes, etc. I pictured it all and it is heartbreaking to see that disappear out of reach. I’m not saying we are giving up, but for now, we just don’t have the financial means to do this again for quite some time. And since we didn’t have any embryos to freeze, like we had planned, it may take even longer than we expect.

 

I would like to tell all of you that we appreciated the love, prayers and support we’ve received from our wonderful family and friends. You’ve all been tremendous and we are so grateful to each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. No words to express, just sending prayers and love your way! You and David are going to be wonderful parents, just on Heavenly Father's time. (((hugz)))

    ReplyDelete