Tuesday, April 17, 2012

BirchBox

I've never been a very girl girl, although a few of you might not agree. I hardly do my makeup, I've never plucked my eyebrows, I prefer t-shirts and jeans, and a haircut is one my least favorite things to do. I've never been into any sort of beauty product BUT I have discovered something called a Birch Box that is slowly making me a believer in all those expensive products. I'd never spend $60 on a facewash/lotion system but I do love samples of these things, which brings me to the Birch Box! Birch Box (birchbox.com) is a company that has stock of name brand beauty products. You sign up, and you are put on a waiting list. It took two weeks for me to be plucked from the list but I've been assured that no matter how long the wait, everyone will be selected in time. They can't approve everyone all at once since the demand is high. You pay $10 a month (yes, at first I thought this was high) for 5 or 6 random (the only downfall is that you can't choose the exact ones you get) samples of these products. At first, I though, this is such a rip off but one of my friends got her first box and along with several items, she got a perfume that was 1/4 size of the normal size $80 perfume. This means her 1/4 size was a $20 value. That payed for the box alone! She obviously had other samples that included nail polish, face exfoliater, some yummy teas, etc. I was still a little sceptical but decided that since I could cancel at any time, I would sign up. I got my first box this weekend, with a nice size perfume, a nail polish, face wash, face lotion, face exfoliator (smells just like pumpkin :) ), and few other things I can't think of at the moment. I'm sure Birch Box has to make some kind of profit seeing at they can probably buy these samples at a very small price but for me, this is a deal and I really love it! It's like getting your favorite magazine each month! Anyway, I thought this was post worthy since I was so impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment